Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Yesterday....Ma bad

So yesterday was actually pretty nice.

Got up did the class thing

K201, dance and Sports Management

K201 wasn't too bad, just continuing in access, The thing is I get it in class, no questions, but then when I go back to the dorm, it's like someone dropped a rock on my face and made me handicapped. But I guess we'll see how far that goes come test time.

Dance was, well dance. It's nice to have a little break in the day just to be somewhat active (and not on a bike. Not that I don't love the bike and all that. But you know a little change never hurt anyone.) We are just reviewing our steps this week. We (the guys) were joking around, saying that we dance better by ourselves than with some of these girls. Don't get me wrong, some of them are really good, fun to dance with, etc but then there are others that it is like driving a herd of cats across a cat toy mine field (very dangerous). But we all have to start somewhere.

In sports Management, we had a test, and I absolutely blazed that thing. I think like a total of 30 minutes. I love it when teachers give you a study guide to regurgitate.... Makes my life easier. Tons easier!

But then I came towards the dorms; had lunch, then I did something but I don't remember what exactly. Some kind of class work I would imagine.

But then I started debating whether I wanted to ride outside or not, in the monsoon with the threat of a severe thunderstorm. So I sucked it up and decided to Ride like Hell. It was wet, not so much cold but Most definitely Wet.

Had a good workout, double twenty minute Time Trial (305 watt avg) followed by ten minute acceleration set (575 watt avg.) then 5 x 1 minute intervals (375 watts). Then 5 x 10 second lead out followed by a 10 second sprint. Then the Third Street Thrown down, which was pretty fast. But all in all a really good work out, peaked at 990 watts somewhere in there. But I am tired of all this rain... It has rained so much, that the roads are now super clean and my back came back cleaner than it went out. All the same, it got a shower and a lube job (haha that sounds dirrrrty).

After all that was said and done, Dad called and told me they were practically in martinsville. Well damn there went my plan to work on homework (but I did anyway; finished some Econ... I'm a badass, I know)

Well Mom and Dad showed up and i still had laundry to dry, so I took them out to the new place and showed them the complex. They seem pretty impressed and I have to say I didn't know it was that big... But the bigger the better.

then we hustled back, pulled out my laundry and went to dinner.

We at the uptown, which was...good, but definitely different. It had a creole cuisine, which was spicy and a true pallet of information. But moving on.

We then went and got a parking space, and walked over to the art museum; Mom was mesmerized by the giant light stick. Then we went and got seats for Stomp.

We had really good seats, except for the lady who wouldn't slouch in front of us. She was one of those super uptight people who is all about sitting upright and pulling her hair back as tight as possible and wrapping it in a mega compact bun (so it looks like she has maybe nine inches of hair but in reality has like a mane). YOU KNOW THE Kind.

But stomp was good, some of the stuff they come up with is truly inventive and extremely interesting. Overall a cool show, most people know what goes on there, so I don't see a point in going over it. If you don't; they beat on things in a rhythmic manner.

Then they dropped me off at the disco and went home. I wish they could have stayed longer, I miss them and I am really glad they came.

But overall, mom had a good time, which was the most important thing.

Then I really wanted to work out but I realized maybe I should put some time in on K201. Needless to say, I wanted to go to bed at like 11:30 but ended up going to bed at 1. understandably, I stopped working at 12:15 and talked to Jamie the rest of the time. But all the same, EFF K201, I am glad I am never going to have to take this again...Hopefully.

I realize this is a day late and Lacking photos, for which I apologize but hopefully you can tell I had a pretty go kind of day.

Tonight, hopefully I get my new Frame and get it built up, and I promise a blog.

No comments: