Saturday, February 2, 2008

a 5750.00 dollar Ferrari, GET SOME

Well I was cruising the Roadbikereview classifieds this morning to see if there was anything I needed (you can never be too sure). Well I came across thisAn '05 Colnago Ferrari Bicycle. But it has flat bars and V-Brakes (I didn't know campy had a flat bar shifting system...HM?!). Okay here's my stance on this, why would you buy a ferrari but ask for the steering wheel of a Toyota Camry and the brakes to match? I mean seriously, this thing is decked with Campy Chorus, Fulcrum 1 Racing wheels and any carbon knick knack that was available when this bike was produced. Just look at this stem.Yeah, a Deda One piece handlebar/stem unit. That is like a 300.00 dollar piece of carbon sexy right there and it has been mounted to a Flat bar system. Seriously?

Cause let's face, Jack Nobody isn't going to drop close to 6 grand (which is a steal considering that these things new cost well over 10 grand, depending on the setup) to ride this thing to work/ the grocery store/ the bar and anywhere else within 1 mile of his/her house(that seems to be the extent of the distance that people will ride their bike to). In all honesty, this bike isn't going to sell (notice how it still has its shop tags). It just isn't conventional.

Cause let's be honest, if you are buying a Ferrari bike, you think you're the shit, and you want others to agree. Well people that I know that are the "shit" certainly don't ride flat bar setups. So, yes, this bike is a special edition. But the flat bars make it a "special"special edition (if you know what I mean).

So the person that is going to buy this bike: CAPTAIN CEO who just wants to piss off his central park cruising buddies. This is the same guy who buys the Porsche Carrera with the stickers all over the kick panels that let you know that it is in fact a Porsche Carrera. Not to be confused with anything that looks like it...you know like a camry. Not necessarily this year, but You get the idea

I guess in the end, if I had the money, I'd buy this bike; it would match my jacket. But then I would take that 4 grand I saved and buy road brakes, road shifters and road handle bars.... or maybe just another bike with this stuff already on it.

No comments: