Friday, February 8, 2008

Finally Friday. Weekend?

Well it's finally here, the day I have been waiting for, the ramp up to the weekend.... (cue drumroll) FRIDAY!

Let's take a look here at what I done did.

Woke up later than desired, about 7:35. So I didn't shower or eat breakfast and just headed to math. It sucked, I felt completely grimy and nasty the entire time, but what can you do.

We took a quiz in math, and I felt pretty comfortable with it, which was good considering I was really uneasy yesterday on the homework. Iconic (oooooo Intercom word) representation would be an elephant in ice skates on black ice.

But then I headed back to the gresh and had breakfast...MMM raisin bran.

Then I made the treck back to the dorm to do some math homework.

Val came over, checked out the frame, took back the BKB clothing, etc. It hurt a little bit, but you know you have to pursue one thing or the other (USCF or Little 5, see story below)

Then I headed down to the B-school for K201 lecture and K201 Help. The lecture blew, but the help I got was phenomenal. I am so glad I got the teacher that I did for the lab portion. She is such a doll and extremely nice and down to earth. It's nice to not have a jerk for a hard class.

Then I headed down to the bike rack to pick up the pista and what do you know? the rear tire is flat... AWWWWESOME!

So I carried the bike up to gresh for lunch and then carried it the rest of the way up the hill to the dorm. Once there, I finished my Intercom proposal and picked up.

I then suited up and headed down to bike 'n' bean for some touching up on the frame and help with my carbon wheel. Long story short, there is a crack in the braking surface, so I unbuilt the wheel and we are shipping it off to zipp to have them look at it and hopefully warranty the thing.

Seriously these guys at this shop are amazing to me, I am so glad I have them around to help me out and get me through all this crap. Seriously life savers... well bike savers!

But went out for a ride with IUCC, and broke off with phi psi's and we logged about 45 miles (give or take). real easy. But the new bike is amazing. With no effort this thing just takes off like a no body's business. It is ridiculous. Climbs like a squirrel. But as soon as I get my position dialed in, I will be kickin ass.

Then I headed back to Bike and Bean to finish unassembling the wheel.

Then booked it over to briscoe and cleaned up. Then worked on K201. I got every thing on my project done, minus one query which I asked my teacher about and should get figured out soon.

Then Maneli and I did the Friday Man date. Saw Pursuit of happyness. Which is an extremely inspiring movie and touching.

But hit the gresh for some cereal and that brings us here.

But the most important thing that happened today was my conversation with Brett Stewart on the ride today. We talked about the stuff with Isaac and stuff. He gave me some advice on how to best handle the situation. He says that Isaac and I have similar attitudes and that I need to take his advice, respect it but at the same time take it with a grain of salt. I guess it was nice to know that other people have the same problem with Isaac and that someone, like Brett (cat 1) can give me advice and not be a dick. There's a lot to be learned from him.

In other news, might race next weekend...MAYBE. I really want to but at the same time, I kinda want to get home and see Jamie, plus it will be extremely expensive cause it's 3 hours away and you have to race saturday and sunday. Granted it would be a road race and I can haul ass but, $$ is a divider and my thing about seein' the jame. I guess we'll see on weather and stuff.

But hey, I think I need to be sleeping; big day tomorrow, training, shopping, and homework. Who knows, maybe something will come along and I will just do something so out of the ordinary, minds will be warped.... SHoot, I could become like everyone else and get TRASHED>...YEAH TRASHED>... SIKE. Got your hopes up, I know.

Well I am obviously irritable, so I need to sleep. I promise next week's blogs will be better, I was soo busy this week, and hopefully next week won't be as bad and busy.

take care kids

1 comment:

edwardsbertrand said...

Sorry 'bout the wheel. You just have too much power for carbon, man.