Monday, February 11, 2008

To: a couple people

To the guy who leaves the newspaper on the bathroom floor in a public restroom-
Seriously, the gesture is greatly appreciated. Your concern for my interest in articles in the IDS is truly inspiring and lets me know you care about me, your fellow man.

But in all honesty, consider this, the bathroom floor is not necessarily something you want to touch, much less stuff you get pick up, fondle, read and attempt solve the daily crossword. I mean if something of mine hits the floor, it is thoroughly sanitized before it comes into contact with anything else. Something tells me, a news paper would not survive the same cleansing process.

So while the concern for my thirst for knowledge is very valiant and honorable, I don't feel the bathroom is the place to share you civic mindedness. Try donating a can of soup.

Thanks

No comments: