Saturday, February 2, 2008

a saturated saturday

I just melted my brains, seriously K201 is the equivalent to a microwave on my brain. But I signed up for tutoring and there is sunday help sessions.

Well today was pretty good.

Woke up at 10:15, which was really welcome after the past three days of not being able to sleep through the night.

I hustled my way down to the Gresh for breakfast, dined and came back to the dorm. Started putting together people for a ride. Studied a little sports management.

Then I got suited up and rode my bicycle. There was a huge group, a lot of females (but they are all larger than me which is frightening). But they pulled Ren-Jay and I out the opposite side of resevoir, from which we proceeded to do our workout. We did 4 sets of 6 minutes with 2 and a half minute rest. If my Power Tap was right, which I am questioning but first set was 380 watt average, second was 400 watts, third was 405 watts and 385 on the fourth. Considering I am 10 pounds lighter, and over the summer my LT was 320, I am pretty pleased with that. But the one thing that is weird is that my Threshold heart rate was 180 and now I am easily holding 190. I might attribute that to cold weather but whatever I'll take it, I am faster. Then we tempo'd back from 50 with a sweeeeeet tail wind. I think our speed didn't drop below 22 the entire time (minus climbs). All in all, it was a solid workout.

But then I got back, showered the bike, diddle around and then booked out to Jason's to work in the Laundry Room. Spent two hours out there then came back and had dinner.

Then I came disco'd to the briscoe and showered and put in three hours on K201. while doing laundry.

Then I doddled around, and went and got my car to get a few things from wal-mart. I have been losing weight pretty consistently which is good and bad, all the same I can't drop too much weight too fast.

Came back from putting my car away and what do you know, IU police are giving out drinking tickets. You know if I was going to drink, I think I would definitely learn how to not get caught... really? Really!

But got back to the room and was pretty blown out by that point.

In other news, I am seriously considering transferring to Marion College up in Indy. I guess maybe I made a mistake by coming to a school this big with absolutely no one and no intentions of drinking. Hindsight I should have stuck with the frat but then I wouldn't be doing what I want to do. And I guess without Ryan I am completely alone in this thing. You know I thought I would find a group to hang with in cycling but I just can't seem to fit into anyone's life... no matter how hard I try to fit them into mine. Seems like the only thing people wanna fit into their life comes with a twist off or requires a bottle opener. LAME! I mean Maneli is awsome, don't get me wrong, great guy but I can't seem to help but wonder if I just made the wrong decision by not choosing a religious based school that was smaller.

You know I was all about staying here because the program is awesome. But after contacting one of the go to guys for the sport marketing department, and he has no connections to cycling and I have to make my own path. So in all honesty what difference does it make. If I wanted to work for the NBA of NFL or MLB I'd be golden but I don't....sucks bein obscure.

But what can you do?

Not much, just accept it and move on. It's all up in the air and a bunch of what if's but gotta consider all the possibilities. You know?

Well I figured out what wreaked in our room today.... my roommate. Seriously with that much money you think you could afford to not smell bad. But I guess maybe dad spent too much money on the ferrari and neglected to mention hygiene.

Oh, interesting conversation between the roommate and his GF. She wants a tattoo on the back of her neck...I was cleaning my bike, and I instantly make the "really" face (cock my head at a 45 degree angle, cock my eyebrow and just give the comment a minute to sink in). After a moment I say, that's trashy, only carnies and prisoners have neck tats. Oh and that gay guy from project runway.

Sorry no pictures today, I am pretty drained (as you can tell from my humorless post).

5-6 hours on the bike tomorrow so bed time

No comments: