Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wednesday.....WILD

Well Tuesday sucked. I got destroyed on my ride. I was already pretty week, but I needed to get a ride in because I couldn't ride on Wednesday. So I was already two pedals strokes away from utter destruction. So the wind started out from the west: pretty fierce. So I headed out to evergreen and around Lake Bloomington. Too bad that wind rotated South and forced me to crawl home at 13 miles an hour into a 24 M.p.h. head wind.... AWESOME. Due to a garbage ride, I was in a kind of terrible mood and just didn't want to do much but sleep and and lay around. Gave me a lot of time to think; I don't know what I am doing in college, I don't feel like I am learning anything that is valuable or an asset to what I want to do. I just want to be around cycling in some form or another for the rest of my life; preferably riding or owning a bike shop. Not sitting behind a desk, getting fat, doing something that bores me. Well that goes over about as well as cold butter on soft bread.

Anyway, Wednesday, Jamie and I went to Chicago for the day. LONGEST TRAIN RIDE EVER. Financially smart but incredibly long and unpredictable but we got there. Did the typical tourist things; mag mile, museum of Science and Industry, Navy Pier etc.. Have to say I was extremely let down with the museum. It used to be so cool and now it is just so weak. Maybe it has to due with the fact that the last time I was there, I was 9. But everything was shut down and soooooooooo out of date. Oh well. Had an amazing dinner and Fox and Oble; SOOOO amazing. We got back at around 10:30 and came to the crib to chizill for a bit. I think we both passed out the minute we hit the couch.

Woke up this morning at 3 am, mom was crying. Grandma had passed. It's not real yet, but it will be soon.

We'll see I Guess

No comments: