Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Puttin' the Ill back in Illinois

Well Spring Broke and as a result, I am back in Illinois. It was this or cuddle up with the kids whose parents didn't love them and forced them to stay and sleep in the commons area of the dorm (OOOO Harsh).

So far nothing overly eventful has occurred, just a lot of riding and loungin around. Mom says I am lazy, I say am.

But Saturday, woke up and really hated the thought of rollers and riding in the garage so I moped around the house until a little after 12, then suited up and got out for a ride. It wasn't all that cold, even though it was 29, but I loved every minute of it. Headed out to spin lake and just went sub threshold the entire time. I had to look tough... felt tough. these hills are jokes now. I can remember I dreaded these things now I thrive on em...ohhh youth. Then came back and napped and lounged around. Met Jamie at dinner with the fam at the O.G. (Olive Garden). It was STRIZZY - the family functioned so well and we all had a good time. a good thing to see. Then we did the hang thang.

Sunday, met up with the proctor boys for a little jaunt on the bike. Al and Jim showed up, which was awesome, was hoping A. Smith and Stan would have made an appearance but you know beggars can't be choosers. We headed out to Funks Grove then I broke off and headed to Heyworth. HAHA the memories. Al is a beast this year. He did the spinervals all winter (I did those, they suck, but the performance is undeniable) and he was hangin like a drifter in the old west (any one get that? Hopefully). But I couldn't shake him, and I was tempoin' at around 250. But on the way home from the town that is worth a HEY I blew up around crestwick. Power generation was like SEE YUH - thanks legs. Got close to 4 hours. Jamie then came over, we did our hangin thing.

Monday - I blew up my power meter today.... haha, no I didn't ( I hear you gasp) but I did do my LT test. and lord was I pleased. But I got out around 11:30, figured I was going to take it easy, nothing over the top just a spin session. On my way out of town, some amazing driver in a corolla forced me into a nice little pavement divot which shattered a spoke and forced me to to Vitesse for a new spoke and a wheel truing. You would think with a car that small, you would be more aware of your place on the road and others. Well, got that fixed and then headed out to the Lake. The sun decided to hide its face and it made it pretty cold especially with that beastly wind out of the north northwest. So I got out on the open road and debated whether I wanted to test or not - that wind and the previous day's blow up session made it a little unappetizing. But eventually I said forget it and turned on this diesel engine and hammered - who knew, maybe today's wind could have been hurricane level, and hail. You never know, it is Illinois (and a good choice judging by the current conditions). So after a 30 minute grind session which somehow landed me just a hair south of El Paso, I packed it in and spun around the lake and then headed back. CHECK IT 323 watt average. That's right, stronger than last summer even after all that drama - You got nothin' on my broken bones and near death accident... NOTHIN'! Stopped by Jamie's to talk about plans for the evening then went home. In the midst of all this, I have mastered the Time Trial position on my bike. I must look tough. It feels great; my back is all stretched out, I am faster than all day and I generate plenty of power. I kind of want to buy Bryan Rossi's TT bike but there's other needs for my money at the moment. Then Jame came over and we did out chill thing, I made dinner for the fam; taco skillet dish. Pretty solid. Then we went to the grocery to get stuff for tonight's dinner - Salmon, asparagus, etc... Gonna be bangin'. Went to slizeep.

Woke up this morning, the sun was shining, there was no snow, but a fierce south wind.... Awesome, looks like we are headin to the MACK today. But until the temp gets up, I am watchin food network and analyzing power data. Apparently there is a mail man who delivers cookies for people... odd combination, aren't postal service people supposed to be just all out angry ... they probably have tacks in them. And now Sara's secrets are on, I wonder if there is as much pride in having a mid day cooking show (no one watches) as there is in having a late evening show (very few people watch). Does Giada have to be nice to these people? Is Bobby Flay forced to hang with these people? Does Paula Dean have to give them tips and invite them over for dinner? Maybe it's in their contract. Here's how the discussion goes;

Exec: You have to hang with Sara from Sara's secrets
Paula: DO I have to (obvious twang)
Exec: Yes
Paula: why?
Exec: it was in your contract, do you honestly think we can keep you around simply due to your cooking? You kill half our viewers every week with all that crisco and butter you are using
Paula: That's how I cook, down home style
Exec: Paula, this has nothing to do with your cooking, just hang with sarah
Paula: But she sucks
Exec: Listen, we know, she couldn't host a show any better than a stoned monkey but it's what we have as filler between the good shows
Paula: FINE, but if she even tries to share a "secret" with me I am trading.
Exec: Listen just let her talk, she thinks she is on to something, but she blew all her secrets on her first show. (haha , I could put a reference there, but I won't)
Paula: and this is my fault?
Exec: well no, but until her contract is up, we are stuck with her and due to our Food Network family program, you are contactually binded to hang/ help the crap chefs.
Paula: Fine
Exec: just be happy you didn't get that lady from barefoot contessa, she's a wreck. Not only is she drunk all the time, but her food sucks, and her husband is rather Flamboiyant
Paula: Who got her?
Exec: We stuck her with Giada (who is mega fine, she has a great appetite and not to mention a mega babe)
Paula: O lord

My future wife

Day off the bike and CHICAGO TOMORROW, I AM PUMPT!!

Might nap now.

On another note, have been thinkin' about dropping out of school and heading to cooking school. Dad doesn't seem too into that. I don't even know why I am going to college, I don't want to be a marketer, I want to be a bike shop owner or something like that. Something I actually care about. Not something I am forced to care about.

My quest for facial hair is coming along nicely.

Need to go to the pawn shop today.

Go do something productive

Song lyric quote of the day: "I hope you go to heaven, Tupac gonna kick yo ass" - DJ Unk
MAGNIFICENT

No comments: