Friday, April 4, 2008

Powertap....more like powercrap

Okay, maybe that title is a bit fierce, but I am seriously aggravated with Powertaps, but not to the point that I will drop the 3 g's and get a SRM (that would take my rear hub exploding, destroying my frame, not being covered under warranty, and a koala bear mauling me). But the deal is this, I finally got a powertap head. AWESOME, I was Pumpt to see my overly advanced calculator back in the dock. BUT WAIT what's this? I drop the head into the cradle, and the thing reads speed, heart rate, etc. BUT NO TORQUE. AWESOME, so I just tried every problem solving idea in the manual. NOTHING.

So I go down to revolution and I am like "KYLE FIX THIS!" Well after the technician at Saris went through the run down of questions, we decided the Torque Tube is toast, and I have to send in the PT. (at this point, I would like to add that the people at Saris are awesome, marvelous intelligent people. Seriously I have not ran into a better customer service department).

So after a lot of shuffling and confusion, we got the thing sent off, and apparently they got it today and probably worked on it. COME ON RETURN ON TUESDAY!!!

Got one of my new front wheels today. A zipp 404. HOLY CRAP it's pretty gorgeous. But it is not as deep as my front, so we are gonna hock that on ebay and pick up a matching front 404. Kinda pumpt to have a super schway bike. I finally have the bike people drool over.

Rode with Isaac and Sherer today. Hit a season record for power output. I was pretty excited. They were chattin' me up about racing and stuff and upgrades. Man if I could land on that team next year. What a gravy thing that would be. I mean I am hammering just as hard as them, if not harder, so I have to be looking pretty good.

Not to mention my intention to go to Cali for U23 nationals, has to look BONUS.

I think I changed my major today. At least I hope I did. I really want to switch into radiology. Yeah I know, whoa Business?! BUT, after a lot of thought and stuff, I really want to interact with people and have an established relationship with them and not just because I am trying to sell them something. They have two programs here, a two year and a four year. I kinda want the two year, I'd get out (by this time next semester) and pull around 40 k a year at a hospital. If I did the 4 year, I'd be in school for the same amount of time, but have to be at Indy hospital for 22.5 months. I don't know what to do there, but I guess there is my back up when I can't make pro.

Tomorrow is Marian and Sunday is Purdue. I am super scared, people say that Marian is the most technical crit but We will see.
That's what the old girl looks like, I mean not too bad but definitely technical. We are bein' point whores, so I imagine we are gonna be cocked and ready to rock. So I do that for 60 minutes and then 15 minutes later, if I can handle it, I do it again in a 123. YEAH!

Sunday is Purdue, Road Race baby. IU is gonna sit on top, we are all in good shape.

I'll update tomorrow and Sunday.

No comments: