Monday, April 21, 2008

One Muscle relaxer later and I am still tender...SWEET

So I just woke up, from a muscle relaxer induced nap and I feel a bit groggy, and greasy. Should make for a great night of sleep.

So this weekend... WAS AWESOME

We loaded up the crew and rolled 4 deep up to Sheboygan Wisconsin. Ok to clarify, there were 4 cars, all lugging 3 or more bikes with 4 or more people... It was pretty gravy.

We loaded up and got away at 9:45, with all the Little 5 riders grimacing at the fact that they should have skipped the banquet. But I don't care.

We got up to Wisconsin at about 2 am, their time. And we all just crashed.

Got up the next morning for a ride to the race course for 80 miles of pure road racing. I have never done a race this long, but I didn't let that stop me. Ren-Jay got into an early break with marian, North Western, and Wisconsin at 10 miles into the course. So Indiana, North Western and Wisconsin all saddled up to the front to take our turns holding the pack back and keeping things in check - Mission Accomplished. The group at one point had 4 minutes, nothing major but enough to insure that they were off. Ren-Jay finished up with 4th, securing our place at nationals. I think I pulled out a twenty something(?) I passed a lot of people on the climbing finish (once again, how do I climb? I am like a cat on drapery). Isaac picked up 12th in the sprint. Can't complain, I finished a long race, kept hydrated and well-fed, and just hung tight. Messed up a couple groups trying to rotate of the front...OOOO they were pissed. HA! I would have like to have launched another group and gotten with it, but Michigan got on the front and just drove, and kept everyone in check. OH WELL!

But it was a tough course. You were either climbing, geting ready to climb or descending

That night, we all headed to the new hotel in Madison, got cleaned up and got some dinner. PS me and Fajitas = rough combo. But then we came back and called it an early night. The boys got up the next morning and won the Team TT, and the girls picked up a strong second.

Then we headed to the Crit. DEAR GAWD it was awful I swear when people design crits they are like, hey let's find super shitty roads and just make it as fast as possible. Needless to say, I was pack meat. Just couldn't make a move. Too fast. By the time I would get ready it was time to turn. It was a cool course though, 4 corners around the Capitol building, with a little climb on the back side (once again, my saving grace). I wasn't last.

This course might as well been called the wheel eater. I saw a aluminum wheel snap in half, several purdue guys just get slung over their bars, etc. you get the point. Isaac killed his reynold's edges, and those things are cross-ready wheels... YEAH

All the same, put in a strong 6 hours and hit home at around 2 am.

I think I pulled something wrong, cause my back is strugglin. It feels like I just pulled up way too much and just popped it the wrong way. Oh well, Took a Muscle relaxer and I am ready to kick it.

All in all, good weekend, built strong relationships and got my mind off of school. Which at this point doesn't take much.

Prolly need to suit up for some work.

No comments: