Wednesday, April 16, 2008

In count down and catching up

I don't think I have been smoking, but this cough tends to say otherwise. It has been almost a week and a half and I still hacking like I have been hitting the Marlboros with a passion. HMM!

Changed my major again yesterday. Well not officially, but in my mind, I am set. For those of you who have stayed current on my whole major flip-flops, I have gone from sports marketing to marketing to Pollution management and not to Dietetics. But I think I am going to stay with the Dietetics; it is definitely something that holds my interest and has value and meaning in my life. Let's see how long this lasts. I mean I think it must have some value because apparently when I was in the hospital all nurses and people who were trying to feed me were impressed by my knowledge of food... even on drugs, so that must mean it is awfully ingrained. HM!

Well the school year is starting to wind down and we all know what that means, hard core summer training hours, working and a class here but not so much there. But with that in mind, it is becoming incredibly difficult to focus or even validate studying and really trying. Don't get me wrong, I am still doing all the work and getting everything done, it is just a bit of a challenge when the sun is up and the sky is clear. Not to mention work really seems POINTLESS!!! Oh well, it's a pay check.

Mike Sherer is selling his TT bike, and I really wanna pick it up, so I can start tearin' it up on the TT circuits and do some stage races and not look like a punk with strap on aero bars. He is cutting a pretty solid deal considering it comes fully set up with aero gear etc. I just don't know how well it will fit. We will see.

Yesterday was a really good day.

Got up, went to class, came home did a little homework, and then jumped in the saddle for some interval action. Hurt like hell and it made me want to weep uncontrollably. Oh well, that's training. The one thing that I have learned this season is the importance of resting and easy days. For example, Monday, I absolutely crawled, I don't think I could have done anything above 200 watts, so I didn't.

Anyway, got home, didn't shower. Don't really see the point when I am not getting too cuddly with anyone.

Then I got on the horn and called Grandpa Webb. After talking to him, I feel HORRIBLE. He is really lonely. But I think he is keeping busy with woodworking and all that. It's good to hear he is back in the shop, but I suppose that means that the house will be soon filling with solid oak structures; sail boats, steam engines, oil pumps, China Hutches.

Then I kinda studied/had dinner.

Got on the phone yet again, called Chad and Ryan. It was good to talk to the guys again, throw around a little trash.. YOU KNOW!

Tonight is Wednesday Worlds. I am excited and nervous. I can never tell how I hurt until it is go time and some one is attacking......GNARLY, right!

Oh well. The school day is almost over and then some homework and napping.

Haven't been sleeping well, waking up in the middle of night; I don't know.

No comments: