Sunday, July 20, 2008

B-town Weekend

It was a good weekend.

Headed over and down to Bloomington, Indiana to hang and race.

Made my way over on Friday morning. Rolled up to the Revolution, hung with those guys and did little work on my rigs. After the doors locked, Kyle and I rolled out for a ride. SWEET. It's nice to be social.

Saturday, got up megs early and rolled up to the Indiana State Road Race. I got 12th, but read on if you are interested.

Talk about a super confusing race. Nuvo/Cultural trail filled the field with all their boys, rightfully so, but man it made it tough. Super tough, and you know me, stupid and some times strong, I chased EVERYTHING. I look back on it and feel stupid, but I didn't know who to watch, I knew Hamilton, Sasha and Dave, but they were 3 among 15(?) - bit of an unreal race situation but good training. But after banging my head against every wall I could find, in addition to dehydration, I got into the third split and won the sprint. Little bit of pride I suppose.

I mean, the aforementioned guys know my riding style and used it against me. Damn, I am so stupid some times

Then we rolled back to B-town - Chris and I hung out with John Palak for the rest of the Night. But called it quits fairly early... When did I turn 40?

Got up this morning and Chris and I pulled down the Nashville 90 - I felt like crap. But, Chris and I reworked my schedule and I get the next week off.

The coach and I have been talking goals and off-season stuff. So here's what we came to, Running, and swimming. No cross- I know, I know, great work out, but man that would make a super long season and I don't know hopping on and off bikes and mud and cold. That's all not me. I hate cold enough as it is. And wouldn't hurt to save a little cash.

But goals (I know you don't care but so I have a record somewhere else... and it's my blog dammit)
  1. lose 10-15 pounds - need to shape up my eating, shed some weight, keep the power, and get my body used to being 5'9" not 5'11". make me more apt to climbing and increase my power to weight
  2. Win a Collegiate race - will show huge fitness, good for the resume and just a morale booster
  3. Run lift and Swim during the winter - Have a solid off season, build solid power in something besides cycling and hopefully assist in goal #1
There will be more, but run and fun you know?

time for bed

No comments: