Thursday, January 31, 2008

multi-tasking and that feeling of uncertainty

So I wake up this morning, at 8:15 with full intentions of staying up but once again it was cold in the room and my bed looked like a much better choice, so I laid back down 'til 8:30 and decided if I was going to make it class, have breakfast and look good for dance class, I better get it in gear.

Jumped in the shower and headed to breakfast... the cashier didn't get the memo, although I am not smiling about it anymore so hopefully something will click.
that's me... not laughing at the joke anymore

Headed to K201, nothing special just figured out I did the wrong homework assignment the other day, which might explain why I felt like I had downs, and didn't get the extra credit points.

Got out of class and headed down to the trusty HPER 171. I love this class, dancing is by far my true calling. Maybe not but, I definitely enjoy the class. Although there is this one girl in there who is all about like making this one class her major. First of all, she leads, with an iron fist (or whatever ironic dance term you prefer). Second of all, she has been doing this for along time, so the question arises: Why are you here? this is like an intro class, the dance team is out back. So all the while people are trying to learn and get the moves, she is all flairy. For example, we were doing the cha cha into a new york. Well on the cha cha her hips could have knocked down trees the way she was swinging them. and then on the new york, she is throwin her free hand in the air like she just touched a boiling pot of water. So all the guys dread dancing with her because we are like OH GOD, she is gonna drive me like an ox. And all the girls don't like her because she corects them and stuff..... ooo lord, i could see a cat fight out of this. But if that's not enough, when she sits on the ground she doesn't do indian style, she bends her legs out. So she was easily the kid in elementary school everyone hated. Remember that, everyone was cross-legged except this one kid, who had had everyone double parked in and took up the equivalent of 2 spaces. CARPET HOG!

Then had sports management. This class is awesome, really. But it scares the bejesus out of me because it makes me wonder if I am in the right area. I was to work with sports; cycling, F1 racing would be sweet, you know something different. But the general consensus in the class is if it ain't got a ball, it ain't shit. well that scares me so I try to apply the stuff and make it work for what I want but it scares me because I don't want to end up ticket office manager for the detroit pistons, or some other job that I would easily trade for a nice pair of shoes.

Class was over for the day, had lunch, came back and read for a bit then decided it was time to throw a leg over the trusty bicycle.

Today was an interval day, and I was definitely feeling yesterday's session but in a good way. So I did four 10 minute intervals at threshold with a two minute rest. Followed by a ten minute acceleration set, 10 seconds on 10 seconds off. Then 10 second lead outs followed by a 10 second sprint. Then an effort down third. Face loop and back to the Briscoe. It was a good workout and I am definitely feeling it.

I wish this cough would go away, but can't have it all.

I wish my power tap would come back, and I wish I didn't have to ask the center desk to personally find my packages.

In other news, I found this picture entertaining



See, we don't mess around here on shoe 2, no you can get a haircut (yes we give haircuts here in the guy's bathroom), read and urinate all at the same time. Not to mention in this extremely comfortable chair with two positions; up right and slightly tilted back.








Cortney sent me a movie of the snow storm back home,



at this point, after what I have experienced of being at home, I would definitely pack up and move to some place warm and not at prone to weather spasms. word has it, it is coming this way, but its got a ways to go.


haha I look like a Pokemon (spell check corrected that... for the record)

SO the run down for the night; study math, grab a snack, work on K201, get dinner, Gym, Work

hopefully I will have time. If not, something will work out.

Stay tuned

CR1 TOMORROW!!! AAAAAAAAAA new bike new bike new bike



No comments: