Tuesday, January 29, 2008

First blog and thoughts

well I made a resolution to start blogging so I figured I should keep that, and if it's too much... FORGET IT!
This week starts the first portion of my training (oh boy the intervals... I can feel the lactic acid building up and crystallizing right now). Today is supposed to be the first day, and I am pumped! It's time to get fast, and who doesn't love that? The only down-side is that it is raining; not really misting, the pavement is just really wet, so the question arises. Ride outside and get wet, but get a really good workout.
This morning; woke up, threw a leg over the bianchi and headed down to the B-school for some K201. I was a little upset my dance class was canceled, but what can you do? So I messed around in the union for a bit, then headed to sports management. Doc was gone, so we had a guess speaker. i might be coming home this summer because if you take the accounting course I need for my major anywhere but here, you know need to take a100, which doesn't make much sense to me but I suppose IU's gotta squeeze as much green out of you that they can, Right? but after a good lunch, did a little K201 homework, which eventually led to a massive headache and my death. After roasting my brains like a rotisserie chicken, I knew I needed to get outside. Mounted the trusty steed and took off for an incredibly good ride and workout.
Set a new PR on my first twenty minute time trial effort. I got all the way up the hill on the other side of Lake Monroe. I was pretty pumped. Unfortunately I have no power number to reference as my Power tap is still being recalibrated. But, Eddy Merckx never had a power meter, I think I can live without mine for a while. It's good to get away from the numbers.
But I got back right before the storm of the century (or you would have thought the way everyone was reacting). Got in, gave the bike a shower (literally got in the bath tub with it). got cleaned up and did a little math studying. got dinner, and now I am studying for sports marketing.
Things are starting to look up, Got my new shoes today... O my they are SEXY. Imagine those shoes, only in red where there is blue. They are ridiculously sick, not to mention free. Thank you specialized for such a strong warranty program.
Got my Cannondale System Six frame sold, so naturally made a trip to the bike shop to put the order in on my Scott CR-1. It's going to be one sweet ride, 3 days and let the glory unveil.

Maneli and I got word that we got the apartment for next semester. out in fountain park. little bit far out but super nice. I can't complain, plus it will keep me in better shape; you know riding in and out a mile to and from class.

Kinda lonely, but Whatever, racing season will be here soon and I will be so busy that I won't be able to keep the females off of me. RIGHT? OF COURSE!

Well laundry is done and studying needs to follow suit. Take it easy

No comments: