Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More time to train.... more time to blog

Well it has been an exciting week... and it's only Tuesday.

Had a pretty good weekend:

Saturday - went out to Brown County - solo - and shredded the country side for 3.5 hours. It was pretty chilly, but once I got into the woods it warmed up and blocked the wind. Overall just a gray day due to cloud coverage. It is getting pretty cool out there, all the leaves have fallen so it is super easy to lose the trail and get off the trail. Oh well, makes for interesting rides. The leaves also make it pretty slick - loading the suspension into a corner and then coming out, the rear end has a tendency to kick out and not go where you need it to go. I felt kinda awesome - drifting stuff. Chicks dig it. Came home, studied a bit, slept a lot. Word. I will try to grab some pictures of the beautiful country side next time I go, but for now this will suffice.

Sunday - Got up, it was even colder than saturday... LAME. I had to take on the road. 4 hours of pavement pounding. Went out for a short noodle, where I was almost wrecked - couple of lady riders decided that randomly turning around in front of me was a good idea. They saw my coming, for some reason moved to the left - so I could pass right? Don't know what the logic was there, so I kinda went left - you know like I live in America, right? Well I get past the british bicyclist and am about to pass her compadre in front of her, when suddenly U-turn Yolanda made her debut. With my impecable (bahahah) handling skills, I did a little dodge dip duck dive and dodging, and kept the new rig upright. Came back from my ride to meet up with Chris and Kirk so finish off my four hours. Well Chris decided that 3 hours at tempo was not for him, instead we were going to do intervals.... EW! Fortunately nothing major, but definitely a good preview of what kind of power I have available. Looking positive, but it's way too early to make that kind of statement. I think the weight lifting has definitely helped. But we will see where all that goes. But we were fortunate enough to get rained, snowed and winded on... IT WAS wicked awesome. But came home, studied and slept.

For some reason - maybe the weather, maybe I am just tired - I have been sleeping a lot. Grab the comforter from the bed, turn on the discovery channel and hit the couch. It is epic. Usually just an hour or so but enough to feel quite refreshed.

But, the biggest news is....... (HOLD YOUR BREATH)













I got on to get a grip racing for the next year. WHAT WHAT!! I am so pumpt! Raced all last summer with/against them. Super cool guys that acutally race. What's that A racing team that RACES? CRAZY IDEA I KNOW! But I got the call monday night from chad saying he passed on my information to chip and like 15 minutes later, got a holler from Chip. DUDE I am soo excited! Lot of stress taken off of me - some of you knew I was trying to put together a team - nice to have everything taken off of me... JUST RACE my BICYCLE! Dude I can't wait. Should be a good racing season, get my early season racing done with IU, and the kentuckiana series to beef up and be a BAMF for these guys.

Plus I'll look cute in that kit... DUH


Alright well ladies and gentlemen, that's it, my latest updates. Riding the fixie today. You know the anti-shift party.

Take care

No comments: