Thursday, November 20, 2008

change is like saddle position.....

Well as many of you know... well you might, I have made some drastic changes as of late.

First and Foremost, the biggest and most drastic! I am moving home - no longer attending Indiana University. Planning on attending Heartland - complete my associates and then transfer to ISU

"Oh Chris Why?!" (say it out loud!)

Well After a year and half here, I have come to the realization that I don't belong here... Sure I do well academically - I got all A's, excelled in all of my classes - Go every day, do all the homework, do all the reading... so it is definitely not an academia issue.

The thing that drove this the most is that socially I am failing. I have tried being everyone's friend, probably looked a little desperate on some occasions, but I really tried - calling, texting, facebooking, IM'ing, face to face. I guess people weren't interested. I don't really know, I mean I think I am pretty likable. Tried fitting in with the bike racing guys.... guess I missed that gravy train. Tried the frat thing... LAME!! Tried finding my own group... EPIC FAIL!! Tried being BFF's with the guys at the shop... they are all older, I get that. I guess the biggest limiter is my lack of desire to get hammered/high/etc. I guess that is a major aspect of college.... Not mine. Too much riding on school, training, my life in general. So after all that, I think it's time I go home, get back to my friends, my family, the girlfriend. So all in all its not like I didn't try, I just felt like a QB with a team full of receivers with no hands....Doesn't matter how hard I try, the team can't seem to get it.

I guess my biggest thing is that like when I did get a chance to be with certain people... all they did was text, call... etc. Yet they couldn't seem to figure out their phones when it came to me... maybe I am overeacting but just frusterating.

Sure the riding is great here and I will miss collegiate racing. But I got a lot of things to look forward to. Racing with Get a Grip, havin' a girlfriend within 15 minutes (going to be strange the first night I don't have to spend on the phone). Having time tested friends. Being close to family - This is kind of important right now. I feel like I have really shirked the grandparents out of opportunities to see me. I feel horrible, because they, like my parents have always been there with nothing to offer but unconditional love... What more can you ask for?

But how this relates to the title? Change is like saddle position... You know when it's wrong, you try changing it, and you will continue to do so until it's right... and only you know when it's right , no one else can tell you that.

ALRIGHT!!! I think you get the idea no more sappiness

Exciting times are coming.

Have to get a new fork for the addict. Something ate through the clear coat and put a hole in the carbon fiber.... REALLY SWEET! Oh well, I sold those wheels for a reason. But mark my words, this is the last Scott I own.... Been on the phone about ten times and still haven't gotten this problem resolved... You call specialized, etc you get about 5 people diving to answer your phone call... Like I totally respect the product, great stuff can't beat the stiffness but man waiting two days to find out if they have the fork I need... DAMN thats annoying... considering selling the addict once the fork is fixed and getting an SL2 or something like that. Maybe a GaG team bike (if they happened to get extras).

Been working with Jonathan "Chip" Gray to get sponsorship stuff together for Get a Grip. We are making some headway. Talk about a great guy, overall just really friendly and fun to chat up.

Thanksgiving is coming.. That means Jameson (Jamie) and I are going to Buffalo, NY... WOOT WOOT! going to meet her dad, and the rest of her family. Hopefully check out his muscle cars, go snowmobiling, and Four wheeling.... Too bad there is probably going to be a ton of snow down. Will be nice to get away from the bike for a little bit. If it's not there... I can't ride it.

I have no focus right now... I need an apartment

Hopefully Scott calls back tomorrow.......will be pissed if they don't

Need to type a paper.

Later on

No comments: