Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What's flat, fast and not your Junior High Girlfriend?

The answer to the above question is Illinois Criteriums!

That's right I am back in Illinois and crit racing is the only option when it comes to making bikes go fast.

I moved back Friday; Jame and Dad came over to pick me up, we loaded and got out of there like NO BODY's Business. I was so Ready!

Anyway, kinda wanted to ride the bike, but the 30 mph wind was very dissuading....So I didn't.

Saturday, suited up, met the boys at the shop and went for a spin! Wel as much as I wanted it to be a spin, we averaged 211 Watts. Wind hadn't died down, so we fought off 26 mph winds. In Ill-ville, we may not have climbing, but we have more wind that we know what to do with. Then came home and chilled. It's nice to just be at home, and not confined to the dorm.

Sunday, got up, messed around then packed up the rig and rode with Ryan to Vernon Hills for a little Crit action.

Well long story short, I was pack meat, but I did my fair share of work and and reeled in pretty much every break. Getting me tons of street cred. I quote "that Indiana kid was a monster, did you see him chase that break in?" - Random ABD guy. Ha! Bottomline, no one would work together, cause I certainly had it strung out from the start. And those that would work, were being chased by their teams...? WHAT?!

Well it sucked being pack fotter but what can you do? I made my presence known...WHAT WHAT!!

No comments: