Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ok I was going to hold my tongue, but I read a blog

Trek Vitamin Wate/Burnham Racing/X-Clif Bar Midwest needs to take their racing back to the Cat 5's and keep it there!!!

These guys roll up to the race with 6 home boys (most heavily represented there) all on doped up treks with the works. So I am thinking "Oh watch these guys, if one leaps cover it and their team will cover."(common sense-get a guy in the break, make sure he can get away). I mean that is usually how most teams race - or so you would think.

So the race takes off, and one of their boys launches up the road. I cover it like a blanket of snow. Nothing was getting away. Then, what's this? I look back and said Vita-crap is leading the chase to our little break away... WHAT?! So let me get this straight, we are away and you are reeling us back? THANK YOU.

Said dip stick catches us, I look over at him and say "Why don't you work with your team?"

He responds in a disgusted manner "what do you mean?" (almost whiney)

I say "Nothin', later" and took off to get on the front and be prepared for some one legitimate to take off.

The race pretty much was they over and over and over again. I remember why I hate racing in Illinois, strategy is non-existent and everything is CLUSTER F---!

I would have kept my mouth shut, but I looked up their website and one of their guys blogged and was trying to make it sound like they ran the show and everyone else there was soooooo rookie ("along with about 10 other "meh" racers resigned to keeping things together for a bunch sprint" -direct quote from one of their guy's blog). and they were clearly waiting on the UCI to clear their licenses so they can go to Europe. DOUCHES.

I haven't been this mad about a race and stuff in a long time.

I guess what upsets me the most is not only the blog, but Uhm it's mostly that they have this massive sponsorship from all these big dogs and they suck this much. I miss Indiana racing already, where there is climbing and tactics and super strong guys.

Bottomline, is if you suck, don't blog like you're the shit

So here Trek Vitamin-water/Burnham racing/Old Clif Bar Midwest, I got you somethingAt first, the ideas and concepts might seem CARAZY but give them a chance... they might just work, and get you away from those "meh" racers, with other non -"meh" racers

Don't get me wrong, not trying so sound like I am a top dog, I know what I need to do to get there but just reading this guy's blog made me really irritated

No comments: