Saturday, August 8, 2009

Down and Out

Well that's it there went the ending of what was supposed to be a good season.

Let's Review:
- Got on to Get a Grip
That, as we all know it, failed. The 1/2's disappeared and well the team kinda ate itself from inside out. Everyone on the team was super great and supportive... but racing 1/2's with no teammates is kinda a uphill battle.


-Hired Lisa as a coach
I could honestly not ask for a better coach. The lady is a professional, she knows what she's doing 100%.

- Jumped ship and moved over to Burnham Racing
what a great bunch of guys. They acccepted me with open arms and total support. Great Great Great Guys - know how to rip it up on two wheels and then take it easy and have fun. Next year should be a trip having all of us in the 2's.

Sounds like I should be one ragin' mamma jamma on a bike, right?
Well I was, in the early season, I could hold my own and even do some work in the early season - put the hurt on. But that has quickly faded and I have become the weakest link. I think I can honestly pin point when this happened to the O'Fallon Grand Prix Road Race. I pinched my Sciatic nerve and it was just a downward spiral. And I just haven't been able to pull it out of that slump.

Let's examine why I am sucking:

1.) I am currently at the bottom of the pit known as the P/1/2. Not really and excuse, knew that going into.... but I didn't know I was at the waaaaaaayyyyy bottom

2.) Stress - I know I know, I am 20, what on earth could I be stressed about? I wish I could tell you honestly I think it's just an accumulation of things really.

  • Bri left- I know I know, everyone told me she was and I should have been ready, doesn't make it any easier to say goodbye to someone you really care about. Surely some of you have been there
  • The Job - it's stressful, that simple. It is something I have always wanted; more responsibility but it is stressful. I am one of three employees.... makes things, well tight.
3.) Burnt out- I am, I guess. I am just not mentally into racing right now. I go through the song and dance and I think I look cute in spandex, but I feel the slightest twinge of pain and my brain just says NO. I haven't really been off a bike since November... I know, I know sew it up. But the mind gives out before the body and if I just don't wanna push the pedals mentally, then physically, it ain't gonna go down.

4.) I am just tired. ALL THE TIME! Like I will sleep 8-10 hours and still feel like I could sleep for more. I wish I didn't wake up every hour.

The worst thing is that there is no one to blame but myself.

So People I ower apologies to:

1.) Burnham - I am sorry guys, you brought me on at the worst possible time for my physicality, I promise next year will be better. Totally new training plan.

2.) Lisa - well I attach my name to your coaching services and well I am a lemon

3.) Bri - sorry for making your first month in Germany hard.

So what's the solution? What's my plan? How do I fill this hole I dug?

1.) Training plan - Well this year, I will be continuing my coaching with Lisa through the winter. Her and I have something whipped up so we don't experience this this time next year. We have decided that previous coaching plans put too much load on too early... hence, BURN OUT!!

2.) Have Fun - Everything from here on out is going to be about fun - mountain biking, cross racing, group rides, etc.

3.) learn from mistakes- I have made a lot of them this season, every race is a chance to learn.

4.) Lose weight - use the off season to shed some pounds - running, cutting severe calories, get skinny pretty.

But that's a load off my chest, thanks to all those who have supported me and I appreciate your belief. I will not let you all down next season, I will come back stronger, faster and way way way cuter.

Keep believing in me and I will keep training harder and harder.... I hate me failing as much as you do.

I'll get it, I promise

But I did see a big ass boat (the picture does this hog no justice)

1 comment:

Steve Driscoll said...

CKelly,

Call me if you want to discuss your present situation.

Steve D