Monday, January 26, 2009

HEARTLAND....WHOA slow down

Funniest comment of the day:

Bio Professor: "What is something you are doing right now that you don't control?" (referring to body functions)
left fielder: breathing
me: digestion
Bio Professor: reproduction

HOLD ON!!!
I don't control my reproduction and I was doing it right then?
NO EFFIN WAY!
ok ok, maybe I am being a little immature, but to me it was a little funny. But the baseball players in the back of the class got a larger kick out of it and took this opportunity to let the class know that they have full control of their reproduction...dumbasses.

Okay so here I sit in Biology kicking it in week 5. Here are my observations/questions about and from heartland:

  1. Did everyone from highschool go here?
  2. Are the teachers/professors/Chris Sweet told to babysit the baseball team? I swear it - in every class every teacher was making exceptions for "athletes". "Athletes" = Baseball players. Well, I am an athlete, so if I decided to head off to a training camp or a hyper big stage race, does that mean I get the same treatment? I bet not. Would probably be told to deal with it, and that I can't go. I don't know, I guess it is a peeve, cause it is a community college...not big ten, not even small ten (if that exists). Community college. KINDA garbage. Not to mention they totally power trip and feel like they run this place. FALSE!
  3. Make up tests/quizzes. Yep they do them here. This is college - shouldn't that not be an option unless your eyes like melted out of your head?
  4. "Athletes" get grade print outs to take to their coaches.... uhm? I wonder if they also get notes to take home to their parent...."Today I used glue"
I mean there are tons more, but that is what is coming to mind right now.

I am above and beyond ready to move over to B-Cycle. Something about getting very little respect - turn off.

But the riding here has been excellent. Things are starting to warm up and be where it is super enjoyable to be outside to be wearing full winter gear and not freezing. It only gets warmer from here... WEE

On that note, we have had incredible turn outs on the weekends. It's been pretty amazing. I thought for sure I would be slogging it out alone, but seeing all these people out is awesome and they are all riding incredibly well. Makes me happy.

Getting a new bike - Scott at the shop really wanted me on a Speciarized and after the most recent tango with SCOTT USA, I was more than happy to oblige. Specialized Tarmac with full Sram Red - gonna be gangstar. Gets here on the 27th - gotta hock that Addict


This is my career once I hit retirement

Time ta hustle

1 comment:

Chipper said...

I bet they are all a bunch of mindless meat heads too! Taking the easy classes and barely passing to keep their eligibility intact. Can they cook for themselves? Or is it a steady diet of Top Ramen and take out? We as cyclists are probably more fit than they are even with admitting to taking steroids!